Today let us see how we are going to Download Samsung Odin for Windows and upgrade or downgrade or reinstall our firmware using the Samsung Odin Software which is profoundly made for Samsung android devices.
The Samsung Odin is considered to be a ROM Flash tool specifically used for the latest Samsung android smart phones and tablets. For instance, the Odin tool can be used for the most recent Samsung smart phones like Samsung Galaxy s8, Samsung Galaxy Note.
It has a wide range of functionalities for the purpose of both system modifications and recoveries in your mobile. Above all ODIN can be used to perform the following tasks:
- Flash Stock/ Custom Firmware
- Flash root packages
- Flash recoveries
- Flash Kernals
- Unbrick the soft bricked devices
- Upgrade/downgrade Firmware.
So we can conclude that “Odin” to be a must have tool for all Samsung Users.
How to Download Samsung Odin for Windows:
As far as now, several versions of Odin has been released. Certain versions are specifically bounded to particular Android versions. So it is wise to choose the optimum version for you Android OS.
The download task has been simplified to “one click Download Samsung Odin”. You can choose the required versions for your Android OS from the list of download links provide below.
- Download Samsung Odin for Windows V.3.13.1 (Highly Recommended to flash Android Oreo)
- Download Samsung Odin for Windows V.3.12.10
- Download Samsung Odin V.3.12.7 (Highly Recommended To Flash Nougat)
- Download Samsung Odin V.3.11.1 (Highly Recommended To Flash Marshmallow)
- Download Samsung Odin V.3.10.7 (Highly Recommended To Flash Lollipop)
- Download Samsung Odin V.3.09 (Highly Recommended To Flash Jellybean and Kitkat)
- Download Samsung Odin V.1.85 (Highly Recommended To Flash Gingerbread and Ice cream Sandwich)
How to Install and use Samsung ODIN in Windows:
Caution: Only for Samsung. We don’t provide any guarantee. Do it on your own risk. Only for Tech Nerds.
Caution: Flashing your Stock Android will surly wipe your data. It is advisable for you to have a backup.
Step 1: The Device driver software should be downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Visit Samsung Official website to find the corresponding driver software that matches your phone
- Or else you can find the driver software in any third party websites by surfing in Google.(Caution : there might be a chance that you might download spam in third party websites. So it is advisable for you to choose the first step)
- Or else you can download “Kies”, part of which install or update the drivers.
- Once you install or update the drivers, it is must to restart your computer to proceed further.
Step 2: Download and extract the Stock ROM (Official/Original Firmware).
- After installing the Device software, now you have to download the required firmware for your device
- In my Opinion SamMobile would be a great choice to download the stock firmware of any Samsung Devices
- Click “Firmware” and enter your device model
- After completing the download (normally a compressed file), you need to extact/unzip it to a particular place in your PC.Usually it it Unzipped in the same folder destination. These are file types that Odin uses *.bin,*.tar and *.tar.md5.
- Now,Select the downloaded file and unzip.
- After Unzipping, you will find a *.md5 file
Step 3: Download Samsung Odin for Windows and extract on you PC.
As mentioned before, the download links for various Odin versions has been listed above.After downloading it on your PC, extract it to a separate folder. (note: please selected to correct version of Odin in order to install the preferred android OS in your mobile phone.
Finally after extracting, Run it as Administrator, for that you have to right click and choose “Open as Administrator” . It is usually done to prevent any minor administrative issue from happening.
Step 4: Boot your Samsung Phone into Download mode.
Please Follow the given steps to enter Download Mode in your Samsung Smart Phone
- Power off your device
- Press and hold Volume Down key, Home Key and Power Key
- When your device starts to vibrate, release Power key while holding the Volume Down key and Home key
- Press Volume Up key to enter Download mode, which has a green android symbol
- Finally, we you see the Android symbol, you can assume that you are in download mode.
Step 5: Connect your device to PC.
When You connect your device to the system, it will be automatically recognized by Odin. At the lower-left of Odin dialog box, it will screen a message “Added!” and at the same time you should be able to see a light-blue box at the ID:COM section stating “COM:3” (this number depends upon the USB port you have plugged the device cable and it is not to be worried).
After the above step, Click “PDA” or “AP” to add tar.md5 file that you have extracted and then “Start”. Whether it is “PDA” or “AP” depends on the version of Odin that you used. But the md5 file goes to either “PDA” or “AP”.
After adding the file, click “Start” to begin the flashing process.
Finally after the flashing process is done and, you should see a big green box saying “RESET” or “PASSED” (depends upon which version of Odin is used). By now, the device should be rebooted and it is safe to remove/unplug your device.
At last, The Flash has been successful and your prefer Android OS has been updated in your mobile.So today you have learnt how to Download Samsung Odin and perform the flash using it.
Please visit our website regularly for new updates and please comment the next topic we should choose. Thank YOU